downlaod page

Phill Whiteside phillw at vpolink.com
Sun Jun 24 22:45:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

could you please decide?!!!!

On the 'Desktop ISO', the graphical installer
Ubiquity<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubiquity> requires
about 700-750 MB of RAM to run. We think this requirement does not include
the RAM required to run the LiveCD (200 MB). So running the graphical
installer by using the option 'Try Lubuntu' in the installer requires more
RAM than selecting it from the boot menu.

I do think this is useful benchmark, although it does need re-phrasing to
simply say...

On the 'Desktop ISO', the graphical installer
Ubiquity<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubiquity> requires
about 700-750 MB of RAM to run. If you have less than this, we recommend
that you use the alternate install.

?

go discuss :P

Regards,