Would like reporting bugs to be more intuitive

Mika Suomalainen mika.henrik.mainio at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:15:05 UTC 2012

On 21.06.2012 17:29, Stephen Smally wrote:
> Il 21/06/2012 16:27, Martin Bagge / brother ha scritto:
>> On Thu, 21 Jun 2012, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
>>
>>> I don't understand what do you mean by looking for link in a
>>> wiki. To report a bug you open terminal (or press alt + f2) and
>>> give command "ubuntu-bug <package>" and follow the
>>> instructions.
>>
>> And you learned this how? Not everyone is 100% trained in how
>> things are done in (l)ubuntu and giving a prominent link at the
>> front page of the project on how to report bugs is absolutley a
>> must. I would like that information to mention more than one way
>> of reporting bugs and a possibly to include a style guide.

I don't remember saying that I am 100% trained (l)ubuntu user. I am
sure that reporting bugs using "ubuntu-bug" is mentioned somewhere.

>>> If you search for a way to report bug using web interface, you
>>> are reporting bugs wrong way, because some information which
>>> might be necressary isn't attached automatically to the bug
>>> report.
>>
>> The world is not black or white.
>>

> There is another problem, you can't actually tell the package name
> just by the program name (for example Leafpad is in the package
> leafpad, but chromium is in the package chromium-browser).

Doesn't installing chromium install chromium-browser nowadays?

- --
[Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||

NOTICE! I am on mobile broadband with very limited time, so I cannot
read emails very much.
The best time to contact me is probably week ends when I have better
connectivity with good luck.

[gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys
4DB53CFE82A46728](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/key.txt) ||
[Why do I sign my
emails?](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/WhyDoISignEmails.html) ||
[Please don't send