"free" list provider

Mika Suomalainen mika.henrik.mainio at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 15:46:03 UTC 2012

On 18.06.2012 23:27, Martin Bagge / brother wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2012, spir wrote:
>
>>> "And +1 to the "We need something like Google Groups""
>>>
>>> What alternatives are there to Google Groups? And does the
>>> other members of the mailing list also agree with me?
>>
>> There's free-list: http://www.freelists.org/
>
> I might be ignorant but I have two questions, not super simple but
> at least they need to be answered soon.
>
> 1. What are the technical problems with the current list? (if
> possible; break that down to a checklist of pros and cons for the
> current versus the solution you would like)

Oh, so someone else asked this. I think that the only bad thing with
this list is the PGP/MIME problem.

> 2. Do you seriously belive that lubuntu would leave the ubuntu
> infrastructure? Why?

I don't think that it does, but maybe it should. Lubuntu doesn't want
to follow Ubuntu mailing list guidelines, so why should it be part of
those lists?

PS. Thank you for being one of those rare people who send plaintext
and bottom-post :).

- --
[Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||

NOTICE! I am on mobile broadband with very limited time, so I cannot
read emails very much.
The best time to contact me is probably week ends when I have better
connectivity with good luck.

[gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys
4DB53CFE82A46728](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/key.txt) ||
[Why do I sign my
emails?](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/WhyDoISignEmails.html) ||
[Please don't send