moderator for lubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

Mika Suomalainen mika.henrik.mainio at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 14:33:12 UTC 2012

On 17.06.2012 16:34, Ryan Gauger wrote:
> +1, and happy father's day (to all fathers)!
>
> On Jun 17, 2012, at 8:03 AM, Hugo Masse <massexy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> This is sad... Do we really have that many immature people on
>>> this list? Following the CoC and behave like adults shouldn't
>>> be that hard
>> Hi, Lubunters. I'm Hugo Masse from Mexico. I have followed this
>> topic with interest. Being part of a number of mailing lists and
>> forums throughout the years, I've found that this topic seems to
>> come up regularly in each of them. It's a hard decision: If you
>> restrain the flow of emails, communication suffers. If you let it
>> go, many will be uncomfortable with it. In the end, no matter
>> what they do, the moderator is crucified (it's happened to me).
>>
>> In my opinion, what needs to be done is to make sure everyone
>> edits their emails, as a courtesy towards others. I have read
>> many of the ones in this thread and it's really painful to scroll
>> up and down the smartphone's screen to find the new message.
>> Replying from the phone is impossible: I had to wait till I was
>> in front of the laptop to edit this message properly.
>>
>> The CoC (you read it Cee Oh Cee, right? ;D ) has provisions for
>> that. Remember to just leave the bit you're responding to, in
>> order to keep readers in context, but otherwise, lose the whole
>> lot of text these emails can accumulate in a couple of replies.
>> If you read in your smartphone and feel urged to reply, save a
>> draft (if on webmail) and make sure you edit before you press the
>> Send button.
>>
>> Happy (Geek)Dad's day to all the dads out there!
>>
>> Hugo Masse

>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
One problem with top posting:

I don't know which email got that +1. The one which was bottom posted
or that email which was quoted in correctly posted email.

PS. Happy fathers day to fathers in America. It's not fathers day in
Europe.

PPS. Sorry if this is double post. I had issue with moderation.
- --
[Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||

NOTICE! I am on mobile broadband with very limited time, so I cannot
read emails very much.
The best time to contact me is probably week ends when I have better
connectivity with good luck.

[gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys
4DB53CFE82A46728](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/key.txt) ||
[Why do I sign my
emails?](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/WhyDoISignEmails.html) ||
[Please don't send