Could we follow the Code of Conduct of Ubuntu mailing lists?

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 18:23:01 UTC 2012

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ContactUs#Mailing_List

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2012-April/thread.html

It started from here: Upgrading to Lubuntu 12.04
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2012-April/001254.html>
  *Ryan Porter*
- a simple example how an email about upgrading to Lubuntu 12.04 turned to
an endless discussion about bottom vs top posting :)

Again, here: About my health, top posting vs bottom posting, and Ubuntu
forums <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2012-April/001283.html>
  *Lance*
*
*
And yet again today: Could we follow the Code of Conduct of Ubuntu mailing
lists?

My simple and only request is:
Please (and this is for EVERYONE), read it carefully and you will come to
know that "bottom vs top posting" is NOT the only issue that is happening
here and there are much more important points that we must focus on, like:

-  Avoid flamewars, trolling, personal attacks, and *repetitive arguments.*
- Under Topic: The ubuntu-users mailing list should be used for technical
support.
- Tailor your reply to fit the text which you are replying to. Do not quote
the whole of the previous email - *remove any unnecessary text*. To avoid
confusion, it's often a good idea to replace removed text with a brief
indication that something has been removed, like [snip].

I don't really need to carry one, do I?

Why would we stick to:

> *Write your email underneath the email which you are replying to.*

while there are OTHER important points, IMHO, we should stick to and follow?

Hope you guys see my point and what I'm trying to explain here :)

P.S.
For those who may question me, yet again, why I don't write my replies
underneath the email which I'm replying to, there you go:
1- I'm using Gmail Web Interface - I never use any email client (hope that
is not a problem :P)
2- I always "quote" the part that I'm replying to - sometimes I forget, I'm
human :)
3- I find it easier for me and others (to top posting) - yes, it's a bit of
a problem to some other - I suggest to drop the argument and move forward.
I don't wish nor want to break any Code of Conduct, Rules, etc. It is JUST
easier and faster for me and LESS confusing. I'm not disabled but I have a
bit of weak eyes and it is always confusing me when I read bottom posted
emails.

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Phill Whiteside <PhillW at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did. we have discussed the topic before. so, rather than go around in
> circles... again and again.... feel free to look through the archives.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>

> May I ask you three to read the original message and answer to the
>> points? The first reply removed the original message and after that
>> nothing has been said on topic.
>>
>> - --
>> [Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||

*Best Regards,
amjjawad*
Lubuntu Support Team Co-ordinator
Lubuntu Communication Team Administrator
Lubuntu One Stop Thread <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad>| My
Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>