Could we follow the Code of Conduct of Ubuntu mailing lists?

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 09:42:47 UTC 2012

> maybe just not have massive sigs and full of gpg keys for general mails :P

*+1*

I love it how you always read my mind, Phill :)

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Phill Whiteside <PhillW at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Or,
>
> maybe just not have massive sigs and full of gpg keys for general mails :P
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>
> On 16 June 2012 09:54, Mika Suomalainen <mika.henrik.mainio at hotmail.com>wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Could everyone on this list follow the Ubuntu ML CoC?
>>
>> There are at least two problems on emails with this list if we look at
>> http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community/mailinglists
>>
>> Problem 1: HTML mail.
>>
>> This causes downloading of emails to be very slow for some people who
>> are on slow mobile broadband connection (like me during week).
>>
>> - From CoC:
>>
>> ```
>> HTML mail
>>
>> Avoid sending emails in HTML format, if possible. Some people may find
>> it more difficult to read or reply to these emails. Also, HTML email
>> takes up more space, so people with restricted Internet access will be
>> happier to receive plain text emails.
>> ```
>>
>> If you cannot see what does that "HTML email takes up more space"
>> means, look at the message source. In Thunderbird and Icedove you can
>> see it by pressing CTRL + U.
>>
>> Problem 2: Topposting
>>
>> Many people on this list are replying above the original message. This
>> makes the email hard to read for someone who hasn't read the emails
>> before that. If everyone bottom posted, new subscriber could get all
>> information what happened on the thread before.
>>
>> - From CoC (under "Technical guidelines")
>>
>> ```
>> Write your email underneath the email which you are replying to.
>> ```
>>
>> NOTE: I don't mean that people who are limited by health or something
>> else should do this if they cannot. But keep in mind that most of
>> people in this list have no reason to break those guidelines and if
>> they have, I would be interested to hear the reasons unless they are
>> too private and in that case I cannot see any reason to break them.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> - --
>> [Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||
>>
>> NOTICE! I am on mobile broadband with very limited time, so I cannot
>> read emails very much.
>> The best time to contact me is probably week ends when I have better
>> connectivity with good luck.
>>
>> [gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys
> [...]

*Best Regards,
amjjawad*
Lubuntu Support Team Co-ordinator
Lubuntu Communication Team Administrator
Lubuntu One Stop Thread <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad>| My
Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>