lubuntu and the issue of norms by freedesktop.org

Martin Bagge / brother brother at bsnet.se
Thu Jun 14 20:47:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012, Jared Norris wrote:

>> [2) I have lost the pointer, but amjjiwad may give it as he took part to the
>> thread, if I remember well.
>
> I just want to point out that I'm not associated with freedesktop at
> all, but I honestly don't recall the thread mentioned on this list as
> [2] above so went to look at it myself before I jumped to conclusions.
> Please, if you're trying to back your argument with a reference,
> writing "I've lost it" really doesn't help your argument.

The only thread I recall on this matter was posted to either lxde-list or
pcman-develop (the upstream lists) some years ago. I haven't been reading
every post to the lubuntu lists though.
That thread was not nearly as hostile as this thread started out and I do
not support forking or making fd.o an enemy to lubuntu/lxde. >

--
/brother
http://martin.bagge.nu