phishing and LinkedIn

Mika Suomalainen mika.henrik.mainio at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 15:50:20 UTC 2012

On 07.06.2012 16:27, Ryan Gauger wrote:
> On 06/06/2012 09:29 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> further to my earlier note, it has been brought to my attention
>> that a paid for, IT administrator for schools has managed to put
>> his password into a phishing site. I do struggle to work out why
>> anyone would put their password into any site that was not https,
>> and also struggle as to why he is now complaining that he thought
>> it was a valid site for the problem, despite it having nothing to
>> do with LinkedIn except a similar name.
>>
>> And, he actually gets paid to be the I.T. administrator for a
>> large number of schools?
>>
>> Anyways, don't go near the phishing site....
>> http://www.leakedin.org/ Except for a giggle :)
>>
>> What a wally!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Phill.
>>

>> -- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

Abusive E-mail? Please notify the Terms of Service monitor.
>> Legal  |  Terms of Service  |  Charter of Rights  |  Contact Us

It appears there has also been some suspicious activity on my Google
> account. Google prompted me to change my password immediately.

I am happy two factor authentication user and I suggest everyone to
enable it :).

- --
[Mika Suomalainen](https://mkaysi.github.com/) ||
[gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys
4DB53CFE82A46728](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/key.txt) ||
[Why do I sign my
emails?](http://mkaysi.github.com/PGP/WhyDoISignEmails.html) ||
[Please don't send