Lubuntu install

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 6 04:36:14 UTC 2012

Mark,

On 06/05/2012 02:04 PM, Mark Ballard wrote:

> Doing an alternate i386 install.

Of which version of Lubuntu?  12.04 Precise?  A recent daily of 12.10
Quantal?  Some older version??

>  Wanted to run it as a live CD initially.

The Alternate install image is not a LiveCD.  If you want a LiveCD, you
should use the LiveCD image instead.

> "The failing step is: select and install software".
>
> I presume it needs a network connection.

As far as I know, it should not require one; I'll check with Lubuntu
12.04 i386 later tonight in a VM with no network card defined.

> It does seem all this is because there is no network connection. If
> I had known it needed a network connection I would have made sure I
> had one before I started.

What specifically makes you think it was the lack of a network
connection that caused these issues?

Jonathan