Website & download

Karl Anliot kanliot at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 17:30:04 UTC 2012

I don't like the changes, even though they solve the problem of making
12.04 downloads easier to find. Everything below this line is more
stuff to read.  (making the page longer).  There's already a wiki page
on 32-64 bit.    I'd like to move 11.10-back to a new page, making the
page actually small.
-----------------------

Welcome to the Download Page

The current release of Lubuntu is Lubuntu 12.04. There are different
Lubuntu versions available for different PC architectures and RAM
limitations. The vast majority of users will need the standard 32-bit
version or the 64-bit version of Lubuntu. Please use the links below
to download and read the release notes before you install.

Standard PC image

Lubuntu 32-bit CD Image | Torrent
32-bit version for almost all PCs. This includes most machines with
Intel/AMD/etc type processors and almost all computers that run
Microsoft Windows, as well as newer Apple Macintosh systems based on
Intel processors. Choose this if you are at all unsure.

Lubuntu 64-bit CD Image | Torrent
Lubuntu image for computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T architecture
(e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon, Core 2). If you have a
non-64-bit processor made by AMD, or if you need full support for
32-bit code, use the Intel x86 images instead.