Space on disk much larger than actual filesizes

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 5 01:48:02 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012, at 10:59 PM, Cyber Penguin wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 5:08 AM, PCMan <pcman.tw at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The bug is fixed now.

> Since I have not received any bug fix through the regular updates in
> 12.04 I assume that the fix is only in 12.10.
>
> Is it possible to get a backport to 12.04, please?

I suspect PCMan meant "it is fixed in the source tree", not in any
particular Linux distribution that uses LXDE :)

If you want to volunteer to backport the fix, great -- info on the
Ubuntu backports process is at

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports

But this is not a trivial thing to do for newcomers to Ubuntu packaging.

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden
  jmarsden at fastmail.fm