update-management

Knud Nolting h.klopp3000 at hotmail.de
Sat Jun 2 19:50:52 UTC 2012

Hello,

in the settings of the GUI-update-manager I have enabled to install important security-updates automatically:

APT::Periodic::Download-Upgradeable-Packages  "1";

Further I have chosen to check once a day.
But it does not work automatically.I have to press the "test"-button,then I get the list of possible updates,I have to klick on "install",then I have an updated system.
Or I choose the terminal,sudo apt-get update,upgrade.
But it never works automatically,I have tried with waiting until a week.
Now someone told me to install anacron,than it would work.Should I do that?
I have installed Lubuntu 11.10 and I am quiet new to Linux.

Knud