Log out when using GIMP

Tran Duy Hung nguyentieuhau at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 06:14:45 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have an annoyed problem today with GIMP. When I use GIMP's crop
function to crop my photo, the system logs me out right after I left
click to start cropping, so all my works are lost. This happens all the
time.

I want to file a bug report but I don't think GIMP causes this issue. I
have look at /var/log/syslog but there is no information there at the
time the crash happened, and this is what in my xsession-errors log:

(polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:2491): GLib-CRITICAL **:
g_variant_new_string: assertion `string != NULL' failed

(polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:2491): polkit-gnome-1-WARNING **:
Failed to register client:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files
** Message: applet now removed from the notification area
** Message: using fallback from indicator to GtkStatusIcon
** Message: applet now embedded in the notification area
[4605:4622:35618189:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(1186)] Critical error found -8
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

Are the above error logs helpful? Or is there any other log file that I
can view to find out what causes this problem in Lubuntu?

Regards,
Hung