Lubuntu 12.04 Powerpc

Dan Koch dan at beckwithheatcool.com
Thu Jan 26 21:58:47 UTC 2012

I found the test iso for Lubuntu 12.04 powerpc about two months ago. I
burned a copy and ran it as a live CD on my eMac G-4 (3.3) {1GHZ, 1-GB RAM,
133 MZ Bus Speed}. It ran spectacularly well - everything just flat worked!
I couldn't wait to install it, but when I tried, I got a "bad mirror"
message and of course, the install failed. I now have Ubuntu 10.10 installed
on this machine and I have to say I'm not at all disappointed, but I still
wonder how much faster Lubuntu would be. I had wanted to participate in the
testing, but I looked at the requirements and my meager skills would end up
wasting everyone's time. Is there a fix for this coming or already here?
Will there be an official Ppc version released? Thanks for your time.

Dan Koch