lubuntu users hard to find on lists.ubuntu.com (was: Re: This mailing list will be closed SOON !)

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 19 20:39:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012, Chris <cyber.druif at gmail.com> wrote:

> *IMPORTANT NOTICE*
>
> The subscribe link is missing from lists.ubuntu.com !!!!!

Subscribing works exactly the same as it does for every other list on
lists.ubuntu.com: you browse to

where LISTNAME in this case is lubuntu-users

and you subscribe.  It's a standard GNU Mailman installation, and it
works.

The issue, I think, is what happens when you do not know the list
name.  http://lists.ubuntu.com has all kinds of groups of lists to
choose from, and I think lubuntu-users should be under "Community
Support", but it is not there.  It is also not in the list of
publically advertized lists at https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/admin
which seems even more weird since that is auto-generated.

 * Did we accidentally set up lubuntu-users as non-advertized?

 * How can we get it added to the Community Support page?

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm>