LxPanel's Menu conflics with keyboard shortcuts....

Henry Gebhardt hsggebhardt at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 18 14:33:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 01:08:42PM +0100, Axel FILMORE wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've found something weird with LxPanel's Main Menu.
>
> When the menu is added to the panel, hitting the super key just shows
> the main menu, but other "Super" key shortcuts doesn't work.
>
> When the menu is not added to the panel, Super+D minimises or maximises
> windows, Super+E runs PCManFm, which is very handy for people comming
> from other OS's if you see what I mean. :-D
>
> I don't know really how the "Super" key is handled in the Main Menu, if
> it's hard coded or not, but that's an issue IMHO.

I believe it's not Lxpanel, but the openbox configuration.  On a default
lubuntu install, openbox is catching the Super key, and calling
"lxpanelctl menu".

You can comment-out the Super_L and Super_R keybindings in
~/.config/openbox/lubuntu-rc.xml. You'll have to reload or restart
openbox.

HTH,

Henry