Fwd: Re: [Lubuntu-desktop] LSC and Dependencies Talk

Stephen Smally eco.stefi at fastwebnet.it
Mon Jan 16 20:35:40 UTC 2012

On 01/16/2012 09:21 PM, Maps Backward wrote:
> LSC > USC (and Synaptic. too?) because it's more lightweight. I can
> get behind that, but I truly think that there should be at least an
> option to only show Lubuntu-approved apps. If what my friend tells me
> is true, Bodhi Software Center focuses directly on their approved
> apps, i.e. the ones consistent with their philosophy. This seems to be
> relevant to the Lubuntu project as a whole. Technically, there are
> already Lubuntu-approved apps as is the case with the default
> applications. There's no reason why the community couldn't make
> similar decisions about other apps, especially with all the different
> things that we do. I suggest a flag for each app, e.g.
> "Lubuntu-approved" and a checkbox or something similar to toggle
> between searching among apps with this flag only or not.
>
> wxl/walter

The main difference is that bodhi linux probably has a separated repos +
ubuntu repos. lubuntu hasn't its own repo, so we can't do anything but
make a list of the approved apps or put a filter for GNOME/KDE related
packages (just an ads, something like "This program is integrated with
the GNOME/KDE desktop environment, so it could require heavy dependencies"