Support Team

Phill Whiteside phillw at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 12 04:07:55 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

as Support Team could well be a meeting point of different support forums
(ubuntu, lxde, askubuntu etc.), IRC channels (lubuntu, lxde etc.), general
mailing list and any other means people help out it's taken me a little
while to envision a structure for it. So, here goes my v0.1 attempt I am
trusting you all to improve on it!

1) It does not have a 'Team Leader' in the usual sense of it, but a
co-ordinator.
2) Due to the fact some people don't like Forums, some people don't like
IRC and we are scattered across Time-Zones I suggest it is run by email.

This then begs the question, is such a grouping going to replicate /
detract from our mailing list or can it be a list where people can 'chat' -
a bit like an offtopic IRC channel where support is done on support and we
swap ideas / recipes / life in general?

Your thoughts on the matter would be appreciated & please feel free to
suggest something completely different that can accommodate all the various
ways in which support is given.

Regards,

Phill.

--