Fwd: Ubuntu Precise Beta 1 coming this week and ISOs ready for testing

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 27 11:53:55 UTC 2012

Hi, a call to arms everyone!

As we leave the alphas behind and head for the beta stage, can I ask that
people spare a little time and get involved in the testing of 12.04. We are
aware of several bugs which are being worked on (mainly to do with grey
text on a black background). For the duration of testing, can I ask people
to join the lubuntu-qa group so that we don't flood the general mailing
list. https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-qa is where to join, and then
subscribe to the mailing list once I've had chance to approve you all :)
Feel free to leave the qa list once the release is out (although I'd like
you all to stay on there to help test 12.10). The wiki area for testing is
at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing

Thanking you all in advance,

Phill.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jean-Baptiste Lallement <jean-baptiste at ubuntu.com>
Date: 27 February 2012 11:33
Subject: Ubuntu Precise Beta 1 coming this week and ISOs ready for testing
To: Ubuntu QA <ubuntu-qa at lists.ubuntu.com>, iso-testers at lists.launchpad.net,
ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com

Hi everyone!

Ubuntu Precise Beta 1, the next Ubuntu LTS, is going to be released on
March 1rst and candidate images started appearing today.

As usual we'll be asking everyone on the QA team to participate in the
image testing to ensure we have good test coverage.

The procedures for testing ISO images and reporting results are explained
on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/**Testing/ISO/Procedures<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Procedures>

You can download Precise images directly from cdimages.ubuntu.com with
zsync or use dl-ubuntu-test-iso from ubuntu-qa-tools available from
launchpad with bazaar:
$ bzr branch lp:ubuntu-qa-tools

Test results are tracked on http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/

You'll need a Launchpad account to login on the tracker. Please register if
you are new to this.

The Foundation Team use a new tagging plan for report against Ubiquity (the
desktop installer) to indicate where the issue occurred. The syntax of the
tags is ubi-<step> where <step> is the name of the step as described in
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/**DebuggingUbiquity<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingUbiquity>
This documentation as been refreshed, but don't hesitate to improve it.

We will coordinate testing in #ubuntu-testing on freenode. Please, go there
often to see what others are testing or what needs to be tested.

Thank you very much for your help and happy testing!

--
Jean-Baptiste
irc: jibel

mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-qa