Lubuntu Desktop

Chris cyber.druif at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 15:09:02 UTC 2012

This might be a better place to start this discussion concerning the
ubuntu-core meta-package.
If we look at [1] && [2] we see a MASSIVE increase in dependencies and even
recommends for the first time. I don't think this it the situation we want?
Is this change by accident or on purpose?

And to reply to phillw: I think the prefered situation should be "sudo
apt-get install lubuntu-core" "sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop
--no-install-recommends" && "sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop" but that
is dependent on the results to the above question.

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/lubuntu-core
[2] http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/lubuntu-core