report of testing daily-live Precise 20120203 PPC

maps.backward at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 21:22:44 UTC 2012

On 02/05/2012 12:10 PM, Yorvyk wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 03:45:04 -0800
> ∅ <maps.backward at gmail.com> wrote:
>> had all sort of problems getting started. worked through some of them.
>> install failed in the end. didn't get to report that but will tomorrow.
>> notes follow.
> This looks like fun ;)  I should have my iMac functioning in the nest couple of days so |I can get testing.

cool, it will be nice to get some help. i would really like to have
(MORE THAN A CLIPBOARD MANAGER) a ppc version officially. we need all
the help we can get to make this happen. let's stay in touch and keep
good notes. don't forget about #ubuntu-powerpc.

right now there are some issues with official testing (which, of course,
needs to happen for us to have an official release) in that the download
links for the desktop are missing. the alternates are there, so i may
give that a try before going desktop again. unfortunately, for now,
until we can figure out with qa why on earth the alternates are too big,
it's desktop or nothing:
-rw-------  1 wxl wxl 734343168 2012-02-05 15:38
precise-alternate-powerpc.iso
-rw-------  1 wxl wxl 618301440 2012-02-05 16:25 precise-desktop-powerpc.iso
fyi those are the latest daily according to the link from the iso
tracker for alternate and just the latest current on desktop.

wxl