Clipboard Manager - Time to report it :)

maps.backward at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 20:41:06 UTC 2012

On 02/05/2012 08:03 AM, eco.stefi at fastwebnet.it wrote:
> What we can do is simply take parcellite (which seems the lightest to me
> ), remove the keybinds and all the features we don't need and rename it
> lxclip (or lxclippy, as somebody told, cute ;-P ).

as it was mentioned before, parcellite (and clipman) balloon with usage.
this is not the case with xclipboard or clipit (which uses about 2mb
more ram and according to packages.ubuntu.com has an install size of
424kb which is hard to compare with the whole 2000kb+ bundle of apps
that necessarily comes with xclipboard). i'd start with one of them. my
guess is that clipit has a bigger footprint any way you look at it, but
it is pretty simple for a clipboard manager.

wxl