report of testing daily-live Precise 20120203 PPC
maps.backward at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:45:04 UTC 2012
had all sort of problems getting started. worked through some of them.
install failed in the end. didn't get to report that but will tomorrow.
btw here's the system:
* official download link was missing in QA tracker
* firefox icon missing in panel (screenshot
* icon missing on nm-applet (see above screenshot)
* right click not working (three finger tap though!)
* ctrl-click not working
* bottom part of displays not missing but lacking detail??? (see screenshot)
* all windows maximized upon opening
* wifi not working (see output of dmesg)
$ cat dmesg | grep -i b43
[ 5.233868] b43-pci-bridge 0001:10:12.0: enabling device (0004 ->
[ 108.786493] b43-phy0: Broadcom 4306 WLAN found (core revision 5)
[ 109.472929] Registered led device: b43-phy0::tx
[ 109.473677] Registered led device: b43-phy0::rx
[ 109.476971] Registered led device: b43-phy0::radio
[ 112.821456] b43-phy0 ERROR: Firmware file "b43/ucode5.fw" not found
[ 112.821468] b43-phy0 ERROR: Firmware file "b43-open/ucode5.fw"
[ 112.821474] b43-phy0 ERROR: You must go to
and download the correct firmware for this driver version. Please
carefully read all instructions on this website.
* notification-daemon crashes upon notification launchpad bug#927040
(currently private due to core dump)
* can't connect to .local addresses
* blank during boot and shutdown
* file manager crash during install 926980 (private)
* mirror regression http://mirror/ubuntu-ports but /etc/apt/sources.list
has ports.ubuntu.com 756719
More information about the Lubuntu-users