Fwd: Join Ubuntu Precise Alpha 2 ISO Testing

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 09:44:11 UTC 2012

On 2 February 2012 18:20, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On 01/30/2012 05:52 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
>
>> we do have
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/918401 but it
>> is not too hard to work around.
>

> Can you (or anyone less techie and more end-user oriented than I am!)
> please edit the bug description to include a clear and more
> "step-by-step" workaround?  Otherwise, this bug is going to scare off
> many or most potential testers, I fear.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

Would something like:

To do this when the screen goes blank press control+alt+F1 to bring up
the tty1 terminal. From this prompt type in "sudo apt-get install
lxdm" and enter in your password. After this has completed you should
type "sudo reboot" and it should boot up as expected.

Be technically accurate? I dont' have the ability to test it currently
so I'm only working with what I see in that bug report to create steps
that are easier to follow.

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)