[Lubuntu] Ubuntu One how-to for online backup/sync?

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Mon Dec 31 17:38:37 UTC 2012

I wrote earlier about online backup, but now I'm wondering in particular
about Ubuntu One, which is explicitly designed as a sync service rather
than a backup service.  But that should serve well enough for many
backup needs.

Has anyone set this up afresh on Precise or Quantal?  What packages do I
need to install for full GUI usage?  Are there any work-arounds needed
to get it behaving well?

Questions I'm not asking: 1) I read that Ubuntu One stores are not
encrypted, but for my current purpose I don't need it. 2) I already
created an account and don't need to know about that.

(I ask these questions because Ubuntu One is aimed at Ubuntu and
Nautilus, and I read here, there and elsewhere about problems setting it
up and getting the various pieces to work right with LXDE and Pcmanfm.
But I have not seen a recipe or how-to anywhere for Lubuntu.)