Can one add 'custom' programs to the Application Launch Bar?

matt davis mtthwldvs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 17:52:33 UTC 2012

Go to /usr/share/applications. This is where you will find most of your
app launchers (there is another /applications which I believe is in your
/home but I am drawing a blank as to where it is right now). Now use
leafpad to edit the *.desktop that corresponds to the program. Look for
the "Exec=xxxxx" line. Add whatever switches and parameters you desire
to this line and save it. At this point add the program to the lxpanel
app launcher in the normal way and it should be fine. Hope it works for you.