Solved - Re: Switching audio output to USB speakers

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 14:50:13 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/18/2012 08:21 PM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
>>
>> Install pulseaudio and pavucontrol packages. Reboot.
>>
>> Go to PulseAudio Volume Control, at the Output Devices tab. At the
>> Port: option see what options are available.
>
> I've played with it a bit and now can get the audio to play from the
> external speakers.  Thanks.

1. OK, now at the Main menu, go to Preferences->Desktop Session Settings.

2. There, make sure the following are selected:

PulseAudio Sound System, Volume Control.

3. Log out, and log in.

4. Now, at the system tray, you see a dark sound icon. This is the
PulseAudio's one.

Delete the white sound icon, it is the  Alsa's one, you must not use it now.

You are ready to go. :-)

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com