GNU GRUB version 1.99-12ubuntu5.1

Phill Whiteside PhillW at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 4 02:53:06 UTC 2012

Hi Richard,

1) Welcome to Lubuntu....

But what you are more worried about is the screen on booting.... That is
the default boot screen and is completely normal (in fact it shows to
others that you have a very healthy install).

You can silence that display if you wish and remove the countdown. I'm a
fan of the start up screen, others scream that it really confuses new
comers.

If the computer is working happily, then just turn it on and relax while it
stretches its fingers and toes to check if it is a 'happy computer'. I'm
guessing you have not had a linux system running before? Count down, the
computer will choose the top option unless you decide to change it..... If
nothing is wrong, simply follow an Apollo countdown  3....2...1.... We have
lift off! :D

The default Linux bootloader, Grub, has a 5 - 10 second delay in booting.
> This is provided so that the user has the time for selecting another
> Kernel/OS.

Regards,

Phill