[Lubuntu] System Information and Benchmark tool broken in Quantal?

Mon Dec 3 17:53:27 UTC 2012

John:

It works that way for me as well.

I have heard there is a bug filed reporting the problem, but it has been
that way since October, and nothing has changed with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hupp <lubuntu at prpcompany.com>
To: lubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: [Lubuntu] System Information and Benchmark tool broken in
Quantal?
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 12:19:59 -0500

I find that when I run the System Information and Benchmark tool in
Quantal, it produces the program window with the menu bar and toolbar,
no contents, and an empty popup.  But the window controls on the popup
are visible and operable.  Clicking to close that produces another empty
popup.  Closing that again causes Computer to appear in the left pane,
and there is another empty popup.  Closing the empty popup one more time
causes the rest of the contents to appear in the left pane.  If I wait a
bit another empty popup will appear, but until it does, the left pane
icons are operable.  And in any case, closing the empty popup again
allows the program to work normally as far as I can tell.

This applet worked fine in Precise.

How does this work for others in Quantal?