New music player proposal

Tue Aug 14 20:07:55 UTC 2012

All:

In selecting an 'official' player, please make sure it will actually
play audio CD's.  Yes, some of us still have audio CD collections, and
don't necessarily want to consume hard-disk space for every such CD.

For a significant time, Ubuntu releases had players that wouldn't play
CD's.  I had to install VLC so that I could do this.

Also, for playing CD's, many player's display only "Track 01, Track
02, ..." etc.

Audacious, on the other hand, will display the meta-data, showing title,
artist, and album, when playing audio CD's.  Not all players will do
that.  Of course, not all audio CD's contain such meta-data.

- Aere

--

Sincerely,
Aere