New music player proposal

Timothé Beemster mail at tbeemster.nl
Fri Aug 10 12:22:48 UTC 2012

Hi lads,

I've been using Lubuntu for some time now, but the first thing I always do
after installing Lubuntu, is get rid of Audacious, and install GMPC (Gnome
Music Player Client, it does not depend on Gnome (any more)).
GMPC is fully featured, and praised for it's low resource usage, also on
playlists with over a million songs.
GMPC is using a plugin system, so not all functionality is obligatory, if
you don't use it, just turn it off!

I would like to propose to get rid of Audacious, and make GMPC the default
music player, as it is a more fully featured music player than Audacious,
in my opinion.

Some facts about GMPC:

 - Website: www.gmpclient.org
 - In continuous development since 2003
 - Depends on the great Music Player Daemon
 - Automatic album art search, lyrics search, artist info.
 - Multimedia keys
 - Dynamic playlists (searches similar music based on Last.FM searches)
 - Jamendo & Magnatune music browser
 - Album View
 - Metadata Browser
+ a lot more.

I would love to hear your opinions, and hope you are with me here!

Thanks,

Timothy Beemster