Converting xbuntu 12.04 to lubuntu

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Tue Aug 7 11:21:39 UTC 2012

On 08/07/2012 03:54 AM, Lars Noodén wrote:
> On 8/7/12 11:52 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What packages should I install and remove to accomplish that goal?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ron
>
> There are some Psychocat tutorials on how to remove unwanted desktops
> from your system:
>
> http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/pureubuntu
>
> They vary a little from version to version so you have to find the
> version of the tutorial that matches what you are running.

That helps, maybe.

Would it be better to install:
     lxde lxdm chromium-browser lxmusic menu-xdg xserver-xorg \
     policykit-1-gnome galculator amixer scrot lxlauncher lxtask

and then remove xfce4 and whatever then becomes unneeded?

--
If adults of legally sound mind must be told what foods they
are not allowed to buy, then those people are not competent