About Icon Theme and Square Application Icons

紳癒礁湖 rafaellaguna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 19:30:12 UTC 2012

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 13:51:12 -0400
Gerald Marquardt <geraldrube1 at gmail.com> wrote:

|  On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Julien Lavergne <gilir at ubuntu.com> wrote:
|
|  > Le 08/05/2012 04:08 PM, Pascual Lucero a écrit :
|  > > I bet NO ONE in this list would say "yes, I need square application
|  > > icon, I hate circles".
|  > That's irrelevant. I can say "I don't need new icons at all, don't spend
|  > time to create ones".
|  > This type of opinion is just a matter of taste, and everyones have an
|  > opinion on this, and everyones have a different opinion.
|  >
|  > If you want to change something, try to contribute to the artwork with
|  > the artwork team first, then talk to them about this, participate to the
|  > discussion with them about this.
|  >
|  > Regards,
|  > Julien Lavergne
|  >
|  > --
|  > Lubuntu-users mailing list
|  > Lubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
|  > Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
|  >

|  I don't care about the icons--i just like how Lubuntu works!!
|
|  --
|  Sent by Lubuntu Linux

That's a practical man. I love it! :D

Pascual, of course it's not a waste of time, if something brings design. And I like to explain this. Design is not art, I mean, its purpose is no doing things totally accessories, beautiful yes, but unneeded for the practical life (but useful for a lot of other things).

I just create this icon theme because I prefer another one more legible than Faenza, more modern than Elementary, more practical than Gnome, and because I think people using Lubuntu deserve having their own icon, dedicated to the users. It's like a personality.

Cinnamon has any icon theme, it's a fork of Gnome2, as well as any GTK app. The issue is so simple. I create another icon theme (there're thousands, I know). If you don't like it, just choose another. That's the beauty of Linux, you can make it your own, or your needs. It's a matter of choice, and here, we have choices, not like Apple's or Windows' users, that need to spend money just for changing the look of their desktops.

And I'm happy doing some job to the Lubuntu team, if not I wouldn't belive me. Thinking that way, we'd have only an icon for the web, only one for audio player, the same wallpaper for all distros, and everything will look uniformated. And we have the Army for that. Don't you think?

Cheers!

--
紳癒礁湖 (Rafael Laguna)
Lubuntu Artwork Team