Disabling lightdm guest login (was: Re: Upgrade 11.10 to 12.04 Case - Q )

Daniel Brady darthbradysmail at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 23:25:49 UTC 2012

I agree with you. The "Facebook -> Forum -> mailinglist" method seems very inefficient and redundant. But it does seem to be a growing trend. I know what little bit of Facebook I use, I don't spend much if any time in the Lubuntu page. I'd rather go straight to the forums/mailing list/launchpad - depending on which one I see as the most efficient and necessary. If I do visit the Facebook page I usually respond to questions with "you should try visiting the Forums, you may find much better help there". I think the reason for this explains itself.

I see Facebook and similar platforms as a great way to get the word out there about Lubuntu. With that being said I don't think cluttering it with problems/bugs/etc is a great way to represent our wonderful OS. And as I mentioned above, it's just not efficient compared to better methods already in place to resolve issues.

I know we can't stop the public from using Facebook for such things, but perhaps we could help cut it down a little by referring them to the Forums, etc; when users have an issue.

Just wanted to share that opinion and see what other ideas may spawn from doing so ;)

Daniel Brady (iPhone)
darthbradysmail at gmail.com