default 'autostart' contents in Lubuntu 12.04?

Kadrija Hrlovic kalehrl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 09:17:38 UTC 2012

On 29 April 2012 10:56, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On 04/29/2012 01:19 AM, Kadrija Hrlovic wrote:
>
> > I wanted to get around installing debsums and running debsums -ac
> > lubuntu-default-settings command afterwards
>

> OK... although they are two short and fairly simple commands you could
> cut and paste from my email, to avoid even having to type them :)
>
> > so I just followed the link you gave me:
>

> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~lubuntu-desktop/+junk/lubuntu-default-settings/changes?filter_file_id=autostart-20090905200420-demo27yfyp19mw7b-31<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Elubuntu-desktop/+junk/lubuntu-default-settings/changes?filter_file_id=autostart-20090905200420-demo27yfyp19mw7b-31>
> <
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Elubuntu-desktop/+junk/lubuntu-default-settings/changes?filter_file_id=autostart-20090905200420-demo27yfyp19mw7b-31
> >

> > I saw something which surpised me - @gnome-power-manager
>

> Where did you see that, exactly?  The top entry in the list of changes
> on that web page (the most recent change) *is* the change from
> gnome-power-manager to xfce4-power-manager.  That change happened on the
> date I mentioned in my earlier reply to you, 22 July 2011, and so that
> change was included in Oneiric, which was released in October 2011.
>
> > I went to
>
> > http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/precise/lubuntu-default-settings and
> > downloaded
> >
> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/l/lubuntu-default-settings/lubuntu-default-settings_0.27.tar.gz
> .
> > I opened it and I saw the default contents of autostart file. In it,
> there
> > was @xfce4-power-manager entry.
>

> Correct.  Just as there is in the file in the bzr repository, and as is
> listed in the list of changes made to that file at the link I provided.
>
> Why does it surprise you that the file was last changed on 22 July 2011
> (before Oneiric 11.10), exactly as I said?  Why does it surprise you
> that @gnome-power-manager was changed to @xfce4-power-manager, exactly
> as the change log (list of changes) says?  There should be no surprise.
>
> From that page, click on the small triangle to the left of the topmost
> change, and you will see a list of the files modified by that change.
> Click on the file you are interested in, and you should see the line
> containing @gnome-power-manager highlighted in red, meaning it was
> removed, and a line containing @xfce4-power-manager in green, meaning it
> was added.  The meanings of red and green are explained on the web page.
>
> So (as far as I can see) there is no surprise... the change Rev 128 made
> on 22 July 2011 *is* the change that replaced @gnome-power-manager wth
> @xfce4-power-manager, and that was the last change made to this file,
> about three months before Oneiric was released.
>
> > This is how I will do in the future, because it seems easier for me.
>

> OK, that is up to you.  I think your approach is not easily scalable.
> [...]

You are right!
I see that I must have mistakingly chosen rev 127 instead of the latest,
128.
Silly mistake!
I only need to check several files so it's not a problem for me to take
this longer road.
I don't know why the install manager didn't ask me if I wanted to keep or
replace my old autostart which I edited before. I now it asked me about
sudoers, and vsftp config.