default 'autostart' contents in Lubuntu 12.04?

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 29 07:51:41 UTC 2012

On 04/29/2012 12:13 AM, Kadrija Hrlovic wrote:

> Could somebody post the default contents of 'autostart' file located in
> /etc/xdg/lxsession/Lubuntu?
> I upgraded my Lubuntu yesterday morning and I see that this file was not
> overwritten.
> I want to make sure I have the right file for 12.04.

I suggest that you run

  dpkg -S /etc/xdg/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostart

to determine which package installed this file (it should be
lubuntu-default-settings).  Then, do:

  sudo apt-get install debsums

and then

  debsums -ac lubuntu-default-settings

to get a list of all files from the lubuntu-default-settings package
which are changed from their (12.04) defaults on your machine.  No
output means that no files from that package differ from their expected
installed versions.

In general, there is no need to ask other people to pass files around
which are installed from a package.  Instead, it is preferable to use
the power of the Debian/Ubuntu packaging system to determine which files
on your system have been changed since their packages were installed.
Let Lubuntu verify (some parts of) itself :)

As a further confidence-builder for you, this autostart file did not
change between Lubuntu 11.10 and Lubuntu 12.04.  You can check this by
doing an apt-get source of the two source packages and comparing files,
or (probably faster and easier) by looking in the bzr repository for the
package, at

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~lubuntu-desktop/+junk/lubuntu-default-settings/files

If you drill down to the file of interest and then click on "View
changes to this file", you will arrive at:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~lubuntu-desktop/+junk/lubuntu-default-settings/changes?filter_file_id=autostart-20090905200420-demo27yfyp19mw7b-31

where you should see that the last change to that file was made on 22
July 2011.

Therefore, that file was not supposed to be changed by the upgrade from
11.10 to 12.04.

Hoping this helps,

Jonathan