Making the help.ubuntu.com wiki into a one-stop support resource!

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 09:01:53 UTC 2012

On 28 April 2012 18:38, Keith <keithmck at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 28/04/12 07:58, Karl Anliot wrote:
>>
>> Need feedback and voting for the following major changes to the wiki:
>> The old "lubuntu" page needed a little "Sprucing up":
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Lubuntu_karl_test would
>> replace https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu
>>

> Please correct the spelling of premiere; & it should be  Debian GNU/Linux
>
>> And I created a new navigation page:
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation_karl_test
>> would replace https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation
>>

> I like this page.  :)
>
>> You'll notice that the "Configuration and Management" link doesn't go
>> anywhere.  I propose we create that page with entries moved from the
>> old "LubuntuDocumentation" page.
>>
>> My pleasure creating these for you to vote on.  If you have a wiki
>> account,  make your edits immediately.
>> please reply with -1, 0, 1 to give  positive votes to the pages.
>>

> 1

It depends on what the goal of the wiki page is. If it's meant to be a
website replacement that links everything about the project then it's
about as good as the wiki can do. If it's meant to integrate with the
general pages on the help.u.c site then it doesn't really conform to
the standards which are set at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiGuide (and there are numerous
sub pages linked off that to flesh it out).

I don't mean to be rude but wanted to point out the difference between
a team wiki (wiki.u.c) and the help.u.c before we got too far down the
track.

If you're not sure what I'm referring to, I'd suggest looking at the
Kubuntu page or the main help.u.c page for examples of what I think it
should be like.

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris