apt-get upgrade doesn't upgrade the Kernel but dist-upgrade does

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 18:16:44 UTC 2012

Hi again, Michael and thanks for your reply :)

Yes indeed, I know it's not a bug but we had a discussion (myself and other
members) on the Forum and Facebook Group of Lubuntu (
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lubuntu.official/) about upgrading a Beta
Version to a Stable Version but just doing:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

I was telling them you also need to do: sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
in order to get the latest kernel in the repositories.

So, I'm correct about dist-upgrade :)

Thanks!

--
*Best Regards,