[Lubuntu-qa] xcompmgr in 12.04

o jordan ojordan12345 at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 19:25:53 UTC 2012

Thanks Rafaell for the info on xcompmgr.  I had kind of figured out that development was sort of dead on it.  Seems to have been superseded by something called compton?  Xcompmgr seems also a bit crash-tastic.  I'll have to check out cairo.  I did try cairo-dock ages ago, but it didn't like my hardware at the time. Maybe xcompmgr should be removed from the Lubuntu documentation for the moment (or a note about 12.04 added)? @phil, I cannot reproduce bug 987764 with Ubuntu Alternate PowerPC.