[Lubuntu-qa] xcompmgr in 12.04

神癒礁湖 rafaellaguna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:46:12 UTC 2012

For me it's another fork over a fork. Here's the info:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Compton

But, I've seen it's the same code (more or less) and it's still buggy
and glitches on some hardware. So they havent' corrected the bugs on
xcompmgr (as they sure on that page). In fact, it need "trans" command
to enable transparency.

So, it's not a usefull solution.

And yes, we should not recommend using xcompmgr with Lubuntu. There're
are really big problems on some nVidia cards with LG, Captiva and
Samsung monitors (seen by me).