Dsl-2640U router -- no internet..

German gentgerman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:25:32 UTC 2012

Hello list,

What are the steps to check what is wrong with my internet connection or router? I am using Lubuntu 11.10.. All wires are ok, that is something on the part of Lubuntu. Other modem with the same wires works just fine. I also can't connect to router web interface 192.168.1.1 and I can't ping it. The person who brought the router to me said the machine should be configured to use DHCP. Shouls this be
the case? Anyway, what to try to do? Thanks in advance.

--
German <gentgerman at gmail.com>