Making the help.ubuntu.com wiki into a one-stop support resource!

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 07:25:20 UTC 2012

On 19 April 2012 15:25, Karl Anliot <kanliot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Look at the german wiki:  http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Startseite page.
> It's beautiful.
> It even has a little pictures next to each of the major categories.
>
> Phill, the more you and Chris dig in your heels and oppose change to
> the wiki, the more I'm convinced there has to be some organization
> imposed onto the wiki.
>
> thanks,
> kanliot

I'd like to share some observations I've made, sorry for not being too
heavily involved in the project currently but I'm still watching on
from not too far away. I don't think the primary concern is opposition
to change, more to do with contributors. Until you have a pool of
people contributing regularly organisation is ALWAYS going to be a
problem. I haven't been involved in LOST too much myself so I can't
comment too much on that specific topic but a big thing is, does it
already exist on help.u.c elsewhere? If so, don't rewrite it just
because it's not in the Lubuntu section. If it's not a specific
Lubuntu thing then don't put it there, just picking a random topic as
an example, we don't need documents on GRUB when help.u.c already has
documents on GRUB.

My suggestion is, if you find a topic that needs to be added to the
wiki, add it. If you think something can be done better, why not do
it. It's a common practice in volunteer groups that lots of people
have grand ideas but very few work towards implementing them. As has
been previously stated, if you're interested, join the docs team and
get involved, who knows you might even have some fun :)

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris