Update notifications in Precise

Lance lbsolost at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 17:02:42 UTC 2012

That sounds somewhat like what Ubuntu does by default. In Ubuntu I always change the behavior so I'm aware of security updates almost immediately when they hit the US mirror.

During development it's often hard to figure out what the intended behavior is because we mostly update manually at least once a day, or at least I do.

I just wanted to find out before release what the plan is. I'd personally think we should get some kind of notification of security updates within 24 hours of them hitting our chosen mirrors.

Does that make sense?

Lance