[lubuntu-devel] Lubuntu 20.10 Released!

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 17:03:09 UTC 2020

Message: 1

> Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 22:22:37 -0400
> From: Dan Simmons <kc2bez at lubuntu.me>
> To: lubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com, lubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: [lubuntu-devel] Lubuntu 20.10 Released!
>
> Thanks to all the hard work from our contributors, Lubuntu 20.10 has
> been released! You can find out more at our official [blog post][1].
>
> [1]:
> https://lubuntu.me/groovy-released/

@devel:

I've been running Lu 20.10 for a few months, overall it's fine . . . but, I
think I've mentioned before that boot times aren't exactly zippy on LU, and
they were downright molasses-like in U-MATE 20.10 . . . had enough problems
with MATE that it was removed from the queue and I went to Debian testing
in that partition.  It seems like all of the debian/ubuntu are running a
"system check" before booting, but in the case of Lu, after getting through
system check and entering the password, there is a long pause while I guess
the system is "deciding" whether it wants to log in???

MATE was using minutes to get logged in and then there were repeated
"crashings" that seemed to require more minutes to get logged in, I had
played with the /etc/apt/sources.list  in that install and maybe that's why
it went wonky.  LU has been straight "groovy" . . . but still, slower in
comparo to the other systems that I run . . . .

And, likely there is still the continuing issue with grub that only "finds
ubuntu" . . . probably not resolved.  I've had to use GUI Updater so that I
can uncheck "GRUB" packages to prevent the other distros from being removed
from grub by ubuntu flavorings . . . seems like Debian isn't causing this
problem, so it's "downstream" . . . .