[lubuntu-devel] Installing Lubuntu 18.04 into an Intel NUC failed

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 17:26:47 UTC 2018

Hi Simon,

When I intended to create a dual boot (Ubuntu & community only) in UEFI
mode, I found a bug. I had to swap off in order to install Lubuntu 18.04

I used the daily desktop 64-bit iso file preparing for the first point
release.

This was the first system to install and I let it grab the whole drive
'Erase disk'.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub-installer/+bug/1781628

It would be nice to polish Lubuntu, so that it will work without swap
off, or at least that the user will get some information about it, when
starting the installer.

---

After that I installed standard Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS alongside and tested
that I could use

sudo grub-install /dev/sda

to get back the grub menu from Ubuntu to Lubuntu. (It works in UEFI mode
too.)

Best regards
Nio