[lubuntu-devel] Lubuntu Artful Dot One Alternate images fixed

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 8 22:04:44 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-08 12:49, Ian Bruntlett wrote:
> Any chance of having the Lubuntu people providing the LibreOffice
> debugger symbol package?

Looking at the [source package][1], it seems these packages are
available.

However, this question urges me to bring up several points:

 1. Lubuntu does not have its own separate repositories outside of
Ubuntu. Lubuntu is Ubuntu.
 2. Most of the Ubuntu development is happening in Debian and Ubuntu is
just syncing it.
 3. Ubuntu can be thought of as "Debian unstabled improved." Though
Ubuntu has its own infrastructure, the two are closely interconnected in
terms of development.
 4. The Lubuntu Team is focused primarily on the maintenance and
development of core Lubuntu packages, of which LibreOffice is not.
LXDE/LXQt are the number one concern, with the default applications
being a close second. Anything beyond that is outside of our scope and,
honestly, our resources.

[1]: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice
--
       @wxl | polka.bike