[lubuntu-devel] Lubuntu Zesty Zapus Alpha 2 has been released!

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 17:41:16 UTC 2017

Hi Simon,

Taking a break from household things. Take a look at my install notes and
let me know if you want me to put any of this stuff on LaunchPad.

On 28 January 2017 at 02:55, Simon Quigley <tsimonq2 at lubuntu.me> wrote:

> Lubuntu Zesty Zapus Alpha 2 (soon to be 17.04) has been released!

OK. Used your link and downloaded MD5SUMS and zesty-desktop-i386.iso. Ran
md5sum and it checked out OK:-
1c3f420bb80754bc3b31eb479d77e3b5  zesty-desktop-i386.iso

Used Startup Disc Creator on a 4GB USB flash drive.

Hardware used to install iso on:

Samsung NC10 - hawking
Intel Atom N270, 1.66GHz, 32-bit, 2GiB RAM, 149.05 GiB hard drive, no
optical drive, Ethernet and WiFi connections
Full details see here:- https://gist.github.com/21b61903871ee685fc79

Booted install media without Ethernet cable connected. Had to reboot system
after connecting Ethernet cable before it was happy to continue the update.
Opted for "Download updates while installing Lubuntu" and "Install
third-party software". Chose option to wipe hard drive and install Lubuntu
on top of it. Put in a hostname of "hawking" for this NetBook. Installer
said there was already another system on the network called "hawking".
Decided not to argue so named the system "hawking2".

Install completed successfully and asked for the (installation) storage
medium at a suitable time.

Rebooted system, logged in. The start/swift menu icon isn't present. Ran
Software Updater OK. Saw an email on lubuntu-devel complaining about
Firefox not working. On my NetBook, ran Firefox (version 50.1.0) ran fine
and I Googled "Hello World".

Normally I only use the "alternate" iso images and in the install I
repartition the hard drive manually. For some reason I did it a little
differently this time :)

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -