[lubuntu-devel] lxqt-common deprecated

Alf Gaida agaida at siduction.org
Thu Apr 27 19:28:23 UTC 2017

Hi, some words about the changes:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:24:58 -0700
> Walter Lapchynski <wxl at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> It doesn't seem
>> this will affect GTK LXDE, but as we continue to develop LXQt support,
>> keep this in mind.
Walter is right.
> Yes and won't that mean we need to get the lxqt-themes package for
> alternate themes. I do remember lxqt-common providing some problems in
> the past with integrating default settings as I think lubuntu-artwork
> or lubuntu-default-settings tried to include a package in lxqt-common
> which dpkg did not want anything to do with but not sure I am
> remembering the details correctly.
Brendan, it will be dead simple - there will be a new dependency in
lxqt-session i guess: lxqt-theme-frost | lxqt-theme, if lubuntu create a
theme package which provide lxqt-theme and would be a dependency or
recommend of a lubuntu-meta or lubuntu-settings package this theme would
be used. Maybe an one-line patch is needed to set this theme in the
config file - as we have the alternatives system we could use this too.
So if you see any problems - we should talk about before anything goes
into a wrong direction.

Some settings related things in LXQt was not really downstream friendly
- but the situation has improved in the past releases and will be
improved in the future. Most notable change until now is the improved
XDG-compatibility - we as upstream use /usr/share/$foo for our upstream
settings, most of the LXQt components accept configurations from
/etc/xdg/$foo - so it should be possible to provide the needed things
without patching anything. Here too - if something is missed, talk with
us  - upstream or debian.

Cheers Alf