[lubuntu-devel] Final Beta Alternate Respins - We need your help!

Simon Quigley tsimonq2 at lubuntu.me
Tue Sep 27 00:31:03 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

This is from Steve Langasek in IRC:

<slangasek> apw, wxl, tsimonq2: hint added to let the kernel in to
release, server and lubuntu alternate ISOs will trigger as soon as the
publishing is done, so that's still roughly 1.5h away

That was about 25 mins ago.

We had some issues with Linux 4.8 as it was uploaded a little bit before
we were supposed to release Final Beta. They seemed to have worked out
the issues, so we'll need another round of testing on the alternate
images. We should release tomorrow if we get the testing done on time.

As soon as the images are spun up, we need your help to test!

If you use QEMU, we need help confirming this bug that's on Ubuntu
Server: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shim/+bug/1624096

Remember to check the testing wiki page if you get stuck or are curious
on the progress of the images: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing

Happy testing (or hacking, whatever phrase you use :P)!

--
Simon Quigley
tsimonq2 at lubuntu.me
tsimonq2 on freenode and OFTC