[lubuntu-devel] [Lubuntu 17.04 Discussion] LXQt

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 31 00:23:59 UTC 2016

On Oct 28, 2016 4:02 PM, "Simon Quigley" <tsimonq2 at lubuntu.me> wrote:
> Until then, once
> uploaded to the usual Qt staging PPA

What's the ETA on this?

> we could rebuild all of LXQt
> against it in a PPA (which would have a dependency set on the Qt PPA)

Have you made any progress on this?

> LXQt 0.11 is currently in Debian Sid, and Julien
> and myself have started discussions for getting that in Ubuntu.  Today I
> plan to look over what's left for that and see what to do from there.

Got a process report?

>  6. Ask for testing and public opinion on the packages that we have
> installed by default.

What are these going to be? Any packaging that needs to be done there?

> The main question I have here is, do you think that we can get
> everything on this list done before 17.04 is released (keeping in mind
> archive freezes)?

I have a suspicion our biggest challenge is going to be those packages.
Especially given they may have their own packaging requirements, not to
mention all the bickering about which app is best, we need to make some
quick movement. Maybe we should just pick the top choices from the
blueprints and go with it? If we can jump that hurdle, great.

@wxl | polka.bike
c563 cac5 8be1 2f22 a49d
68f6 8b57 a48b c4f2 051a